3/4 cup Sucanat Sugar
1 large egg
3 oz dark chocolate (try Lindt Extra Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa), broken into small pieces
Directions:
All content belongs to He and She Eat Clean, LLC and cannot be used, copied, or distributed without explicit, written permission of He and She Eat Clean, LLC.
Our website may contain affiliate links. Clicking or purchasing something through these links does not cost you any extra. We may receive a small commission which helps us keep the recipes, workouts, and educational information you love coming!
The material on this website is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The use of this site, its newsletters, information, and/or services, or any other site owned or maintained by He and She Eat Clean, LLC, is governed by the policies, terms and conditions set forth in the Terms of Service. Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise or nutrition program.
Copyrights @ 2014, He and She Eat Clean, LLC
Congrats on choosing a healthier lifestyle! And thanks for sharing your journey with us. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteWhat can I use in place of the sucanat?
ReplyDeleteHi Meghan! You could also use Demerara sugar. If you do not mind using it, you could use the Ideal Brown Sugar blend (personal preference).
DeleteDo you happen to know what the nutritional value is?
ReplyDeleteCiara,
DeleteThe post has been updated. Please see below.
Hi! Could I use Stevia instead of Sucanat? I'm not sure what the conversion for that would be, though...
ReplyDeleteHello! You absolutely could! The amount you would use would be the same.
DeleteAwesome recipe! I just tweaked it a little to make it vegan. I used crunchy almond butter (yum!), added a few packets of stevia, some agave nectar, and some coconut oil for added flavor. I also added some ground flax and ground chia seeds to substitute for the egg. Realllly yummy and healthy! Thanks guys!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great suggestion! Thanks so much for sharing!
DeleteWhat do you think of coconut sugar?
ReplyDeleteYou could definitely use coconut sugar for this recipe. Just make sure it doesn't have any additives. Likely, it would be about 1/2 cup vs 3/4 cup.
DeleteHi, I can't find sucanat in the UK so I was going to use demerera sugar as a substitute, will this affect the nutritional value? Thank you :)
ReplyDelete