Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, January 12, 2015

Clean Eating Cinnamon Vanilla Oatmeal

Share


After returning home from a trip to California I didn't have much food prepped but I needed protein and carbs to fuel my workout so I make proats! Proats = Protein + Oats. They were so delicious! It was the perfect pre-workout meal for me and I've eaten it almost every day for breakfast since! Make them Gluten-Free by using Gluten-Free oats!

CINNAMON VANILLA PROATS

Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled or quick cooking gluten free oats
2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp pasturized liquid egg whites
1/2-1 packet Truvia
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
Cinnamon, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste

Directions:
1. Add hot (boiling) water to oats mixture
3. Add almond milk and egg whites
4. Heat in microwave for 30 sec to 1 min
5. Add protein powder and other remaining ingredients and stir
6. Enjoy

What is your favorite breakfast food?

- Whitney

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a comforting, warm, and healthy way to start the day. Pinned! I'll be enjoying this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blair! Let us know when you try it! We hope you love it! :-)

      Delete
  2. So excited to see that I have everything to make this!!! Proves my pantry is becoming cleaner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss Kaaren! That is great news - we are so proud of you! Let us know what you think of the recipe! :-)

      Delete
  3. This sounds soooo yummy, BUT I am terribly allergic to Stevia!! Any suggestions for protein powders that do not contain Stevia???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Email me at whitneycarlsonfitness@gmail.com. :-)

      Delete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!