Cookies for breakfast? Have we lost our minds? Well, that's debatable, but yes! Cookies for breakfast! We adapted these cookies from Against all Grain and they are so delicious! This is the perfect replacement for some of your fruit calories and the perfect sidekick to those morning egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large food processor, combine bananas, applesauce, almond milk and dates. Blend until smooth. Don't worry if you still see your dates, they will be finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Add in coconut flour (or oat flour), cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and baking powder and blend for approximately 30 seconds to combine.
- Remove food processor blade and fold in cranberries and raisins.
- Spoon your "cookie dough" onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Because there are no eggs in this recipe, your cookies will not spread like normal cookies. They will stay in the shape and place you put your cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit on baking sheet on counter for 5 minutes to cool and harden before handling.