7 medium strawberries, stems removed and quartered
2 TBSP water
1 1/4 c gluten free oat flour
2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
2/3 c coconut milk (you could also substitute original, unsweetened almond milk)
1/2 c unsweetened, plain 2% greek yogurt
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1. In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries and water on medium to medium low heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning of strawberries.
2. Cook strawberries for 4-5 minutes until strawberries are very soft and begin to breakdown, resembling strawberry jam.
3. Meanwhile, combine dry and wet ingredients (in second list) in a large bowl with a whisk.
4. Remove strawberries from heat and using a fork or a potato masher, gently mash the strawberries.
5. Combine strawberries with pancake mix (step 3).
6. Cook pancakes as you would normally on a griddle or stovetop.
Makes approximately 15 - 3" diameter pancakes.
Serving size is approximately 5 pancakes.
Metrics (per serving)
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!