Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Friday, November 22, 2013

Clean Eat Education :: Clean Food to Pack for the Airport

Share

It may be harder to eat clean while traveling but it isn't impossible!  You can bring your own food with you on the plane!  Even if you forget your food or you can't bring it with you for some reason, there actually are healthy choices at the airport, you just might have to look for them!  If you do not have your own food with you, skip the bags of candy and stock up on fruit and nuts to snack on during the flight.  Grab a bottle of water instead of the soda and if you have time to actually grab a bite to eat look for a restaurant where you can "build your own meal" (usually something similar to Chipotle).  Start your vacation or business trip off right by making healthy choices at the beginning of your trip!

CLEAN FOOD TO PACK FOR THE AIRPORT

Proteins:
Grilled Chicken
Hard Boiled Eggs
Protein Bars (we prefer Quest)
Protein Powder (They come in convenient packs!)

Carbs:
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Apples
Bananas
Dried Fruit (no sugar added)

Fats:

Vegetables:
Cucumbers
Bell Peppers

As always, check the TSA website before packing.  Not going on a plane but taking a road trip instead?  Check out our ideas for your road trip!

Happy Travels!

- The Gang

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be very happy with anyone who eats a hard boiled egg around me at the airport and especially on the plane!!! Ick! Otherwise, great advice! I'm always pleasantly surprised at the choices in the airports these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't eat it on the plane (okay, maybe I would if I was really hungry) but I would certainly eat it in the airport! I love my boiled eggs! :-)

      Delete
  2. Seriously? Protein powder? My husband is a bomb tech and helps the airport teams as needed... I don't know if I'd try to bring a powder through TSA security check points. Have you guys done it before. I guess it could be possible... just might slow your pocessing though as if they notice, they would need to test it for explosives. Great tips though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've never had a problem with protein powder! We've taken large tubs & have also taken it in plastic bags!

      Delete
  3. Re: protein powder - I've brought my Shakeology with no problems whenever I travel! :) I can bring my individually pre-wrapped bags, although I've traveled with the whole bag (opened) before also. Pretty sure I've done ziplock bags as well.

    Great tips! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rack up quite a few airline miles so this list will definitely come in handy!

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!