Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, October 7, 2013

Clean Eat Recipe :: Pumpkin Cranberry Protein Muffins

Share
Are you craving all of those yummy pumpkin fall goodies but don't want the extra calories? These muffins are super easy to make and will satisfy that craving in the 25 minutes it takes to whip them up and bake them! Below is the recipe:



Pumpkin Cranberry Protein Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c oat flour
1/3 c Stevia
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP baking powder
1 c pure pumpkin puree
1/2 c no-sugar added applesauce
2 egg whites
3/4 c unsweetened almond milk (could use vanilla or unflavored)
1 TBSP vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
3/4 c cranberries, frozen or fresh

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin tins.
2. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture.
3. Add the next 5 ingredients, stirring to combine into a batter.
4. Fold cranberries into batter.
5. Fill muffin tins with batter 3/4 of the way. Bake at 350 degrees F for 17-20 minutes, until golden brown.

Suggested Serving Size: 3 muffins

Metrics per Suggested Serving Size:
Calories - 323
Carbs - 51g
Fat - 4g
Protein - 22g

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

-Tiffany

7 comments:

  1. My vanilla protein powder is EXTRA sweet. Think I can decrease/omit the stevia in this recipe without negatively impacting the texture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making these this morning. The batter tasted great and they smelled amazing while they were baking. I ended up baking them for close to 50 minutes and they still came out gooey in the middle. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I wish they'd turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many does this recipe make? I have looked but didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I made these, they turned out great. Everytime after, I also cook for nearly 50 min and they are gooey in the center. I tried fresh vs frozen cranberries and it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can i print your recipes so they are big enough to read you don't have a print button or pdf? Thank you Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm putting mine back in the oven...gooey too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these this morning and realized after they were in the oven that i forgot to add the almond milk. They turned out amazing, however! I baked them for 20 minutes and they were perfect. I'll definitely be making these again.

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!