Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Clean Eat Recipe :: Actually Good for You Alfredo!

Share
One of the biggest challenges I had as a clean eating wife trying to get my husband on board was depriving him of Alfredo sauce! He LOVED it! He claims to have never eaten red tomato pasta sauce (though I converted him as long as I make it spicy enough) and for as long as I could remember, he gobbled the creamy, buttery Alfredo sauce up. Well, leave it to me to find him an alternative to his favorite!


Actually Good for you Alfredo!

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower, medium size, chopped
2 c organic, low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
1/8 tsp (pinch) nutmeg
1/8 tsp (pinch) black pepper
1/4 c cottage cheese
1/4 c water
1 TBSP olive oil



Directions:
1. Boil chicken broth. Add chopped cauliflower and spices. Cook 20 minutes until cauliflower is soft. 
2. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool approximately 5 minutes. 
3. Blend mixture in blender. (Be CAREFUL! Hot liquid expands). Add cottage cheese, water and olive oil and blend again.
4. Return to pot to simmer on low for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Top your favorite brown rice pasta or Quest pasta noodles. Add seafood or chicken. Or simply use as a dipping sauce. 

Alfredo Sauce Metrics (approximate metrics) - 4 servings suggested
Calories: 88
Protein: 6g
Carbs: 9g
Fat: 4g

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

Tiffany

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this! My kids and husband are going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this store well? Cooking for 1 has setbacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling Allison! Jim travels a lot and it is just me that I cook for too!

      It does store well and it can be easily frozen!

      - Tiffany

      Delete
  3. I made this today and I love it! I will use it in different ways atop chicken and over wanna be noodles. Thank you for another wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had this for breakfast!! Lol. Great sauce to use with other dishes as well!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any substitute for the cottage cheese? I'm allergic to dairy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 1/2 tablespoons of garlic is far too much! Lesson learned, haha. Otherwise - bravo, this has a major amount of potential.

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!