Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, May 13, 2013

Clean Eat Recipe :: Taco Soup

Share
My mom always made this Taco Soup for us while we were in high school.  It's delicious - try it out!


Ingredients:
1 lb extra lean ground turkey, grass-fed beef, or ground chicken breast
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg ranch dressing mix (make your own)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix (make your own)
1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, drained
1 can (16 oz) whole kernel corn
1 can (8 oz) rotel-style tomatoes
1 can (8 oz) diced tomatoes

Directions:
1. Brown meat & onions, drain
2. Mix ranch & taco seasonings into meat
3. Add the rest of the ingredients into mixture (you may also need to add a little bit of water)
4. Simmer for at least 1 hour (we let ours simmer in the crock pot but you could also cook in a large pan)

He & She Tip:  We usually double this recipe so we have leftovers for lunch during the week!


Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

- Whitney

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration. I 've got a vegan version of this in the crockpot now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always made this too and I have made it for years, but she never did Weight Watchers.....might just be a "mom" thing. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had taco soup until we moved to Texas. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much do you portion out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! Sorry, I forgot to include the macros! I will update it tonight. :-)

      Delete
  5. I made to seasonings homemade - would 1Tbsp be equal to 1 packet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the taco seasoning it would be what is listed in the recipe we posted (that amount is for 1 lb of meat). For the ranch seasoning it would be 1/2 of what you made with that recipe!

      Delete
    2. macros not included yet...

      Delete
  6. I love taco soup!! I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
    www.activewomom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much are the portions and calories? This was sooo good! Thank you for adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how many servings is this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had this before made with the store bought packets and I thought it was terrible- tasted like eating straight up MSG. I'd be curious to try it with the homemade mixes, it might be edible that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you please list the serving size and calorie amount

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any idea on the macros/calories serving size???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Has any figured the macros yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The calorie and nutrition information. That's what the Macro is. Anybody have any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can this be a clean eating recipe with ranch dressing packet and a taco seasoning packet added in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read the recipe? It has links to make your own.

      Delete
  15. Did the macros ever get posted for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Need serving suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made taco soup for the first time today. It tasted exactly like regular chili. Does that sound about right or did I possibly make an obvious mistake? When I look back at the recipe I followed directions to the t. Expect I forgot the corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! It is similar to chili but more "soupy". It definitely does have a different taste though so maybe try adding the corn next time! Also, some people like soupy chili and some people like the chunky chili! So I would describe this as similar to soupy chili!

      Delete
  18. Made this tonight, kept it thicker and husband made his as a burro and I put mine over a salad

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!