Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Clean Eat Recipe :: Make Your Own Taco Seasoning Mix

Share
We do not like to purchase pre-made spice packs because of the extra, unnecessary ingredients so we make our own!  We have been using this one for years and wanted to share.  You probably already have all of these spices so save your money (and improve your health) and make your own seasoning!


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

Directions:
1. Mix all spices together.
2. Use to season your meat!

He & She Tip: We use this as a guide to season 1 lb of meat and double it as necessary.

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

- Whitney

P.S.  I've had this recipe written down for a really long time but didn't write down where it came from so "Thank You" to whoever came up with the combination!  :-)

7 comments:

  1. OMG! Thanks for posting this! I usually season my own turkey instead of buying the packets and it's pretty good but I hadn't thought about oregano or onion powder! I will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this mix of spices to spice up sliced chicken breast and peppers and onions for fresh fajitas!
    ~Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I need this- we've tried to do this at home but have never got in right. Can't wait to try this week :)

    Ps. I'm a new reader but loving your blog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so easy!! I can't believe I haven't starting doing this already. The stuff in the packets is full of junk. Thank you for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank YOU, THANK YOU, thank you!!! I love this sight! I am new here also and love the blogs, recipes. This will help hubby and I eat clean. I can't thank you enough for sharing your recipes. I am SO excited! Thank you! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago I figured out what to use by reading the back of the spice packet so I always keep the individual spices. Problem is I never knew the ratios so I seasoned to taste. (Cumin is the key) Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious recipe! Love love love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!