Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Clean Eat Recipe :: Honey Glazed Bananas

Share


Scott & I always eat at a Japanese restaurant called Makotos in Boone, NC after we hike the Blue Ridge Mountains.  They have this AMAZING banana dessert which I'm sure is terrible for you, so I was on a mission to "clean it up" & I think I came pretty close!


Honey Glazed Bananas

Ingredients:
1 large banana
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Slice banana into 1/4-1/2" slices
2. Combine honey & cinnamon into small bowl (if necessary, heat honey in microwave until it is liquid enough to spread over bananas)
2. Spray pan using an olive oil mister
3. Once pan is warm, add banana slices
4. Cook on one side until browned (1-1 1/2 minutes) then flip over & cook (1-1 1/2 minutes)
5. Add honey & cinnamon mixture over banana slices
6. Flip bananas back over one more time for a few seconds & then serve

Makes 2 Servings.

Macros (per serving):
Calories: 95
Protein: 1 g
Carbs: 22 g
Fat: 0 g
Sugar: 14 g

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

- Whitney

15 comments:

  1. Are you using raw honey or regular?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Just made one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will these keep if not eaten the day they are made? I have a few bananas that are ripe and want to use them. Wondering if they will keep in the refrigerator and put the honey over them when reheated would work???

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be amazing with ice cream! :) I just had some and LOVE them. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they would! We are so glad you liked them Cassandra! :-)

      Delete
  5. Love these! Made it with orange blossom honey and pumpkin spice instead my daughter made me make more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making these on Sunday as an end of Whole30 treat! Will probably use less honey and freeze them, as I love frozen banana bites. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine just turned to mush under heat :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine also turned to mush in the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not sure if there is any scientific reasoning behind this, but my mom used to say that you should never mix heat and honey. I am sure there is a specific temperature up to which it is okay.

    They way I do it is just cut the bananas into slices into a bowl and pour honey over it and mix it such that every slice gets some honey on it. The bananas shouldn't be too ripe else it will get mushy unless you don't mind it mushy.

    I will try these as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. if they turn to mush you left them on heat to long. make sure your pan is hot enough to brown them quick. these are really tasty with very little effort. love it

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!