Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, March 11, 2013

Clean Eat Education :: 5 Tips to Make Morning Workouts Easier

Share
If you are a morning person like me, you may find it easier to get your workout in during the morning hours, preferable before you start your day. If you are not perky and a pleasure to be around in the morning, but mornings work better for your schedule, here are a few tips you can use to make your transition to morning workouts easier!


1. Plan your workouts for the week and know which body part and/or exercises you will be doing the night before. Let's face it - you don't need the added stress of having to think about your workout in the morning. Just get up and get it done!

2.  Pack your gym bag the night before! Don't have time to come home and shower? The night before, choose two or three outfits you would want to wear the next day (or one if you are good at that - I need options!) and have them hanging, ready to go with everything you need for the outfit. Pack all of your toiletries, makeup, towels, flip flops and undergarments in your bag the night before. Set it by the outfits, so you can make an easy choice and grab the hanging clothes and your gym bag in the morning.

3. Pack your food for the day the night before! You HAVE to eat something before you workout, so set up a water bottle and some dry oatmeal on your counter the night before. Add some hot water to the oatmeal and take it with you in the car. Grab the rest of the food you packed for the night before and you will be on your way to a good day with no excuses about food! (Our favorite suggestion is the 6 pack bag!)

4. Find a support system for morning workouts! Make a friend at the gym, make a pact with one of your friends to go together or join a class where you KNOW you will be missed if you won't be there. This will help to hold you accountable and you will be less likely to flake on your workout.

5. Make morning wake up time less traumatic! Set your alarm for 15 minutes before you need to get up! This will give you a little time to toss and turn and make you feel like you can hit snooze one more time and may make you feel less "slighted" on sleep! Find a tune on your phone's alarm or your alarm clock that doesn't jolt you out of bed, but that eases you out so you aren't inclined to be cranky!

and here's one more tip! Sleep in your workout clothes! It's easier when you just have to put on shoes, grab all of your packed bags and off you go! NO EXCUSES!

Do you have any tips for making your morning workout easier?
- Tiffany

P.S. Here are our tips for evening workouts!

9 comments:

  1. I keep my alarm in the bathroom so i have to GET OUT OF BED to turn it off. It is the only way I can make it to morning workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prep all almost all my food for the day the night before (except dinner). I set out my gym clothes in the bathroom, ready to go. I workout at home, so I don't have far to go ;) I do, however, have a time limit. I have 50 minutes before my husband wakes up ad takes over the shower if I'm not ready for it! That little thing keeps me motivated to get the workout done and out of the way! (I hate waiting for my turn ;p)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just trying to make myself get up!!! That is the thing that's hardest for me!!! LOL!!

    7eventh Letter
    www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the getting up is the hardest part. Also, I workout at home at 5:30 (ugh, I know). I never eat first. If I did I'd have to get up at 4:30. Is this horrible? I was doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid but have switched back to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred alterating with gym/cardio time because the time commitment of P90X was killing me more than the workouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I workout at 5:40 every morning - and I eat after as well. It seems to be working just fine for me, though I can't go for longer than 40 minutes at a time, or I start to feel too weak to carry on (probably because I haven't eaten in hours ;p). I try to make sure I never go to bed hungry though. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but it makes me feel better ;p

      Delete
    2. Try just eating a banana or protein bar before your workout. That helps me.

      Delete
  5. When I decided to change my lifestyle to eat-clean and workout in the morning I bought myself a gift for taking that step; a giant Vera Bradley bag with tons of pockets, fancy soap, lotion, shampoo, mouse, hairspray,and conditioner. In addition my flat iron, blow dryer, flip flops, brushes, etc are all in this bag. I leave it in my car during the week, only bringing it up to our condo on Fridays after work. The only thing I bring up daily are my workout clothes from the morning and towels. I keep these things in a smaller bag that is easy to refill at night. I have made it so that I would rather shower at the gym after my workout then at home! Why? Well for one thing my bathroom stays much cleaner (I use mineral makeup which gets everywhere) and I like all my shower supplies! The other bonus: I live on the 4th floor so if I do not feel like going to the gym I have to go all the way downstairs to get my giant bag to get ready for work! This is my first time posting on your blog which I absolutely LOVE, your site is the reason I made this clean lifestyle change last year, and I'm proudly down 45lbs of fat and loving myself more than every! Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree... I feel like all of these tips are working out well for me. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thx for posting this! I'm determined to make a xhange in 2014...beginning Jan 1st!!!

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!