Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Clean Eat Recipe :: Protein-Packed Blueberry Muffins

Share
We LOVE foods that mix and bake quickly! That's one of the reasons we like these. Another is because you get your protein and they are totally portable!  Grab the recipe below!


Protein-Packed Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c Quick Cooking Oats (also available gluten-free)
1 scoop of protein powder (you could use a vanilla flavored powder and omit the vanilla extract below)
1/2 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (pastry flour is milled finer than regular flour, although regular flour may be used as well)
less than 1/2 c Xylitol (if you are uncomfortable using Xylitol, you can substitute Sucanet or Demerara sugar - just keep in mind that it changes the nutritional information for the muffin)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 c Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 c Unsweetened Applesauce
1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract (avoid HFCS)
3 egg whites
1 tbsp coconut oil, heated and liquified
1 c frozen Blueberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (we use pure olive oil).
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Creating a well in the bottom of the bowl, begin adding and mixing in wet ingredients until fully combined.
4. Fold in blueberries to batter.
5. Fill 12-cup muffin tin with batter, equally filling each compartment.
6. Bake 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing from tins.

Makes 12 muffins
Serving Size - 3 muffins

Mets: (based on 3 muffins)
Calories: 304
Protein: 16g
Fats: 7g
Carbohydrates: 42g
Sugars: 6

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

Tiffany

19 comments:

  1. so i was planning on making the pumpkin protein bars tonight (they're my absolute fave), but then caught a glimpse of these babies. i wasted no time in whipping them up when i got home. de. li. cious. you guys rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! I love them too! They stay really moist!

      Delete
  2. Protein-Packed Blueberry Muffins seems too healthy for eating. Thanks for the post.

    micronutrients

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am allergic to eggs. I can eat them if it is an ingredient, but just by itself it makes me sick, so when I saw this as another breakfast option, I had to try it!... I LOVE THEM!

    THANKS SO MUCH !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them and could actually eat them Amy!

      Delete
  4. Is WW pastry flour a bad choice for me to have if I'm having to watch my carbs. I just started on my weight loss journey and want to make sure I'm eating the best carbs for me. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cholesterol is high can I eat eggs everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Just made these and hubby loves them! A total keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited about making these but the hubbs didn't like these so much. I think next time i will add more Xylitol, more whole wheat flour and less oats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see how you got 44g of carbs for 3 of them? I added all the ingredients up of my fitness pal and got 60g of carbs for 3. That's a big difference, how can that be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I substitute Truvia for the Xylitol? I am hoping to make these this week, along with several other recipes I found on here! I am making my grocery list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Demerara sugar, and only like 1 Tbsp and they turned out fine. I think truvia would work fine if you are use to the taste.

      Delete
  10. do these need to be refrigerated like the protein bars? They are so yummy my whole family adores them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You will need to keep these refrigerated!

      Delete
  11. Has anyone made these using whey protein powder instead of egg white protein powder? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can use the same amount - they turn out great! :-)

      Delete
  12. Could you replace the whole wheat flour with almond meal or coconut flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done that but I have used oat flour instead of whole wheat flour before and they turned out great!

      Delete
  13. Is Stevia the same or similar to Xylitol?? I can't find Xylitol in my home town but can get Stevia can I substitute with that??

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!