Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Clean Eat Recipe :: Peanut Butter Balls

Share

I went into the kitchen to make our cookie dough but decided I wanted something a little more festive.  This recipe is super easy to make and only has FOUR ingredients!

Remember, this is just a TREAT - don't OVEREAT!
 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp honey
5/8 cup dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1 1/4 tsp coconut oil

 

Directions:
1. Mix peanut butter and honey together using an electric mixer until thick (approx 1 minute).
2. Roll into balls and freeze for at least 45 minutes.
3. Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Heat in microwave for another minute (or until melted).
4. Let chocolate/coconut oil mixture sit out for approx 10 minutes to slightly harden.
5. Once balls are chilled, dip in chocolate mixture.
6. Place balls into the refrigerator to chill.

Note: I made mine into quarter-size balls which made approx 16-18 balls.

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

- Whitney

13 comments:

  1. I am wondering if it would be possible to use Almond Butter for these? I haven't bought peanut butter since my kids left home 16 years ago and I always find myself throwing it out because I don't eat it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Almond butter might work but it could be too runny. You might have to mix it a little bit longer and freeze it longer. Come back and let us know if it works in case others have the same question!

      Delete
  2. Wondering if an oil like safflower would work with these? My order of coconut hasnt arrived yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used safflower before. I hope you got your coconut! ;-)

      Delete
  3. These were amazing! I am a huge PB and chocolate hound and these will surely help satisfy my cravings when they attack! I had some extra melted chocolate leftover so I threw some raw almonds in it. Another nice little treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done chocolate almonds too! I need to post those! Thanks for the reminder. :-) I'm glad you enjoyed these!

      Delete
  4. Get in my belly!!! These were amazing!!! I actually froze mine overnight so I could dunk them in the chocolate without having to worry about them getting too soft in the chocolate mixture. TIP: I added a scoop of Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder to the natural peanut butter and honey and they were to die for!!!! My kids were like "why did you just learn how to make these?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked them! I will have to try to freeze them overnight next time. Thank you for taking the time to comment. :-)

      Delete
  5. What is a serving size? Like 2?

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look sooooo good! do you have a calorie count for these?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these using almond butter. They were great. I didnt ley the chocolate sit long enough before I dipped the almond butter balls. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately I do not like coconut or coconut oil. Any alternatives?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just made these with homemade toasted sunflower butter from my food processor- AMAZING!
    Thanks for the wonderful ideas to keep clean eating easy!

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!