Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Big M - Motivation!

Share


After a long weekend here in the States, the last thing we all want to do is go back to our weekly routines - no time to sleep in, hitting that snooze button just a few more times this morning. I know! It's rough! I'm right there with you. However, you have a choice today...

Research has shown that it takes 21 days to make a habit. I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly certain for me, it takes about 3 days to break a habit (a good habit - bad ones take longer). This morning, I'm taking the pledge and I hope you will too - don't let your long weekend, a vacation, or even a slip up on eating clean and staying healthy break your routine this week. Jump back into it full force and make this short week the BEST week EVER!


What are your tips for staying on track after a long weekend?

Happy Tuesday!
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. I'm using this last long weekend of summer as an excuse to start new habits! I read an article that said end of summer and into the fall is a great time to start new habits! I didn't eat so healthy this summer so I'm starting fresh and getting to the gym at least 5 times a week...no excuses! Following your blog will help me stay motivated, keep the great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - I believe it only takes 21 days. I started a new job in June that allows me more time in the morning (less of a commute), therefore I used the extra time to make that my workout time! Instead of getting into the habit of sleeping in, I wake up at the same time I did with my old job (or a few mins earlier) and head to the gym. I've been going 4-5 days/week, no excuses, and feel incredible. I think the trick to keeping on track, whether after a long weekend or not, is focusing on the FEELING. How great does it feel to know you got out of bed and attacked your day with your most amount of energy and vigor?! It feels fantastic... a feeling that keeps on lasting throughout the day! Same idea with eating clean - a healthy gut feels GREAT throughout the day. Focus on that fantastic feeling to keep your motivation in check!

    ps- thanks for all the wonderful posts. I can't get enough of you guys!

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!