Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Clean Eat Recipe :: Blueberry Burst Protein Shake

Share
The first day of fall is next week!  I love fall and winter but I am also sad to see all of the yummy (in-season) fruit go!  Use up all of those blueberries before summer is over!  This shake is delicious and very easy to make!  It is similar to our Berrylicious Protein Shake but the pea protein gives it an awesome flavor!



Ingredients:
1 cup blueberries (we use the frozen bag from Costco)
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 scoop of vanilla pea protein
6 oz unsweetened almond milk
4 oz liquid egg whites (pasteurized)
Handful of spinach (optional but you can NOT taste it!)
Flax (optional)

Directions:
1. Blend all ingredients.
2. Enjoy!

Macros:
Calories: 265
Protein: 33g
Carbs: 29g
Fat: 5g

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.

- Whitney

12 comments:

  1. This looks amazing - as do many of your shakes, but I cannot mentally get past the raw egg....Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. You would purchase the egg white cartons that are pasteurized (they are usually near the regular eggs or milk). It gives the shake more protein and also a milk-shake like consistency. You could always use water though if you prefer. :-)

      Delete
    2. I use powdered egg whites. In a shake it doesn't taste like egg, but I have noticed it tasting saltier, so I normally add some type of sweetener to counteract it. I buy the powdered egg whites in bulk online, way cheaper compared to store prices.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this! I was just wondering the other day if you could safely use egg whites in a smoothie to give it some extra protein!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can Brandi! Just buy the pasteurized cartons! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Believe it! This shake is awesome. I was skeptical about the egg white and especially the spinach but it is great. Another great recipe from you guys. Thanks so much. I am new to it all but am on my way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for trying it Eric! We are glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. I don't use protein powders, but would like to try this recipe. Any idea if there is something that could be used in this recipe to replace the protein powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could omit the protein powder but I have never tried it that way.

      Delete
  5. Sounds great !! ♥

    xoxo Laura

    www.youare--whatyoueat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How would a shake like this hold up if made the night before? It sounds like a great breakfast option but I can't risk waking up baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried to make it the night before. I would be concerned that the ingredients would settle but maybe you could just shake it up the next morning! Good luck!

      Delete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!