Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Friday, July 13, 2012

Fit Friday :: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism Video

Share
We have been getting a lot of requests for beginner-friendly workouts (get excited - workout plans are coming!).  As I shared in our story, I was too shy to go to the gym at the beginning of my fitness journey.  Scott would beg me to go but I wouldn't (I am just a little stubborn).  While he was at the gym I would do workout videos at home.  One of my favorites was the Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism video.  It REALLY kicked my butt (and still does)!  I would have to pause this video all the time at first but I kept going!

Recently, my trainer would designate a day for me to do a workout video at home so that I wasn't in the gym all the time and this was my go-to video.  There are still moves that I cannot finish (like those crazy standing mountain climbers)!  However, the best feeling is being able to do something that you couldn't do months ago...for me that is the 180 degree jumps (I couldn't even do ONE and now I can do them along with Jillian)!

This Jillian Michaels DVD is great for all fitness levels - you will definitely break a sweat no matter what!  The video is 50 minutes.  It is broken down into a 5 minute warm-up, a 40 minute cardio circuit, and a 5 minute cool-down.  The music leaves much to be desired so turn it down and blast your own He & She playlist, once you learn the moves, of course!

By the way, it is less than $8.00!

Have you ever tried this video?  What is your favorite workout video?


- Whitney

19 comments:

  1. I love all of the Jillian Michaels workkout DVD's! I am constantly yelling at the TV when it gets tough which is pretty much the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kelly! I'm glad I am not the only one! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I have not used it....but on my way to the store to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let us know what you think after you try it out!

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favourites as well. I alternate this one with her "No More Trouble Zones" which is slightly less cardio and incorporates small weights. Also a fan of the Insanity videos...but those are definitely NOT beginner. Making it through the 12 minute warm-up is a huge accomplishment in itself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany likes Insanity but I have never tried it...sounds like I should! I have heard a lot of good things about "No More Trouble Zones" so I am going to get that one & try it out! Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. No more trouble zones by Jillian is great!! I feel so accomplished when I finish :) ALso, Robert Jones on ON DEMAND-he is fabulous with his core workouts and they are usually 10-20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "No More Trouble Zones" is officially on my list now! Thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete
  5. I'm finishing up with Insanity in 2 weeks...can you recommend another set for me to continue with? PX90 does NOT look like something for me but I would really like to working on loosing these last 10 lbs and I don't have access to a gym....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abigail - We will have workout plans available soon that may help you but until then...have you ever tried Power 90? I have that one & it is great as well!

      Delete
  6. I have tried P90X, Insanity, most of Jillian's dvds as well as some others, and this is BY FAR my favorite. I think because of all of the kickboxing added in. No matter how in shape I get, this one always kicks my butt~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I LOVE this one! You don't even realize you have been working out for 40 minutes once you finish!

      Delete
  7. i've been working out with Jillian's 30 day Shred video for a few months now. I've lost 13 lbs & it's motivating me to change my eating habits & gives me the energy to keep up with my 3 kids! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it involve a lot of jump training? I live in an apartment and I am always worried about using at-home workouts that will bother my downstairs neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a little element of plyometrics. Try to do it when your neighbors are gone OR if you have access to an apartment gym, perhaps they would let you play the DVD in there!

      Delete
  9. I found this workout dvd bundled with another Jillian Michaels workout and a small set of handweights for $10 on clearance today at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great price Frances! Thanks for sharing the tip with our readers.

      Delete
  10. Such a great workout DVD- one of my favorites when you need to "mix things up!"

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!