Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Monday, June 11, 2012

Motivational Monday :: Goals

Share
Many of you may not know this but I have been preparing for a photo shoot.  I have been preparing since January & the shoot is THIS FRIDAY!  I can't believe it is finally here!

To make a long story short, in the beginning I was VERY bad about comparing myself to others...lately I have learned to love my body because I have worked VERY hard for it.  This is the first time in my life I have ever been able to say that.  Am I perfect? NO.  Do I want to be perfect? NO.  Everyone is different & every body responds differently.

Living a healthy lifestyle is very MENTAL for me.  I have said over & over again, you must first BELIEVE you can & you WILL!
The graphics below have been some of my favorite motivational items while training.  Enjoy!


It took me a while to figure this one out - it is OKAY to be proud of yourself & all of your hard work!  When someone compliments you - say "thank you".  Do NOT say "I still have a lot of work to do".

Source: uploaded by user via He and She on Pinterest

Enjoy your week.  Work Hard & Eat Clean!

- Whitney

8 comments:

  1. That is my biggest downfall, is comparing myself to others. I was in amazing shape this time last year then got sick and totally gave up! Now that I'm healthy again and ready to get my body back I am struggling big time! I have never had to convince myself to go workout. It was just a part of me and what I did... Trying to get there as I sit on the couch just isn't cutting it :-/ thanks for the quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shannon! Get off the couch! HAHA. You can do it girl! Keep us updated on your progress! ;-)

      Delete
  2. This really hits home with me. I have had the hardest time with comparing myself..."Why does she look like that when she does less, why can't I look like that...yaddah yaddah". I am learning through this lifestyle change not to compare, but be appreciative of differences and love myself for what I have been given and what I am achieving. Thank you so much for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!!! There will always be someone with more time, better features, etc (like you said...yaddah, yaddah)...BUT YOU also probably have something "better" than someone else who looks at YOU & thinks the same thing! Thanks for commenting Candice. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I use to be really bad about that as well...thinking, "why can't I look like that". Then I realized some of the women I was saying that about were just "skinny" not healthy. I am healthy, I am happy with myself and what I have accomplished with my body, and I can say I work for it which makes me proud! Everyone, I believe has the capacity to do whatever they set their mind to. You body will take you where ever your mind tells it to. I use photos of FIT women as motivation. Dana Linn Bailey and Jamie Eason...now there are some beautiful and very fit women who are excellent role models, and they work for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right! I look up to the same people who WORK HARD for what they have (in all aspects of life). Those who eat healthy & exercise for their amazing bodies. I adore Jamie too! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Great post Whitney! I am so so excited and proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! A photo shoot on Friday!? You are going to rock it! You have worked so hard and look phenomenal! I sometimes think "I eat too much" but I have been peaking at your eating schedule/meal plan and it has really helped me be like "if I want muscles like Whitney, keep eating LOTS!" you are a huge inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank You Meg!! I'm getting ready to leave for the shoot as we speak but just now saw this comment for some reason. I really appreciate your support!

      Delete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!