Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Friday, June 29, 2012

Clean Eat Recipe :: Anna Banana's Protein Pancakes

Share

These are very similar to the Banana Walnut Protein Pancakes but MUCH easier to make!  We will sometimes make the batter the night before because we are so hungry when we wake up that we need something to eat right away!



Ingredients:
12 egg whites
1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese (we use Friendship brand, no salt added)
2 small bananas or 1 large banana
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
Dash of cinnamon (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender.


2. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with a light coat of cooking oil (coconut). Pour about 1/4 c of batter for each pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles appear on top, then flip to cook the other side, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all batter has been used.

Note: The pancakes may be dark brown, but don't worry, it's just the sugars in the banana...they won't taste burned.

Makes 4 servings ~ approx 12 pancakes (the number of pancakes will vary, depending on how large you make them)

Macros (this does not include any toppings):
Calories: 269
Fat: 7g
Carbs: 32g
Sugar: 5g
Protein: 22g
Sodium: 233mg


He & She Tip: If your batter seems too runny you can add a Tbsp of oat flour.

Enjoy our recipes?  Get help with your grocery shopping here.


- Whitney

22 comments:

  1. I made these this weekend and they were great. I did not have any bananas so I used applesauce instead. The applesauce went really well with the cinnamon and maple syrup. The taste reminded me of fall. I did have to add a little more oatmeal to thicken the batter though. Thank you for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Applesauce sounds great! Thanks for trying them out. We are glad you liked them. :-)

      Delete
  2. Is the serving size one pancake? Do you count your calories during the day and if so what is your daily calorie intake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penni -

      3 pancakes are a serving (this is what you are seeing the macros for - all three pancakes).

      Yes, us girls do count our calories. Personally, I try to stay between 1450 and 1550.

      Delete
  3. What maple syrup do you recommend and where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! We've started to add some organic pumpkin to the mixture for some added variety. VERY GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great Courtney! We will have to try it - Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I'm lactose intolerant, so would you have any suggestions on what I could substitute the cottage cheese for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can just leave it out completely! We have done that a few times. If it seems too runny just add more oats! I hope this helps! :-)

      Delete
    2. Great, thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  6. I'm leaving out the walnuts... 1/4 = 200 cals... so my pancakes are 60+ calories?..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these last week and they were soo good! My daughter love them too! I cooked them in coconut oil and you could taste it in the pancake and it made it even better! I've never had real organic maple syrup- never going back to the bad stuff again. It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excited to try these this weekend! Do you think they would freeze and reheat ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I substitute the cottage cheese with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Francis. We just posted a new pancake recipe without cottage cheese. Check out our recipe page. They are called "Four Ingredient Pancakes".

      Delete
  10. Love this! My 7 and 4 year old can't get enough! Eating clean is the way to go...2 weeks in and down 12lbs. Thanks for the wonderful recipes! Your site is so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recipe, much better than the "normal" recipes I've tried for flour pancakes. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sons (12, 16 and 17) and I just started our transition to clean eating. My 12 year old is very unhappy about it as he is an extremely picky eater. We made the pancakes and I let him drop some dark chocolate in his batter. He asked for seconds. The whole experience made a big difference in their attitude towards our new way of eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great to hear! Good luck on your journey & keep us updated!

      Delete
  13. I LOVE THESE! I don't like walnuts, so I left those out and added 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder to fill the void. I also used 2 large bananas because that's how many I had and they were on their last leg. These turned out fantastic. I did 1/4 cup batter for each one and they came out the perfect size and consistency. I'll be freezing them in stacks of 4 after they cool so I can reheat for breakfast during the week. I love the 4-ingredient recipe too but I like that this makes a bigger batch. Thanks!!

    ~Stacy G

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, as someone else asked about freezing them, it's best if you let them cool, then lay them out in a single layer on wax paper and freeze individually. After they're frozen individually, you can stack them and wrap in foil and put back in the freezer. Reheat is about 15-20 seconds for each individual pancake, then stack and heat an additional 10-15 seconds (depending on your microwave power). I've found this way to work best so they don't stick to each other.

    ~Stacy G

    ReplyDelete

We are so excited you are leaving a comment for He and She Eat Clean! We read each and every comment and will get back to you soon! Thanks so much!